PASSWORD:
BAISTOPHE

DEAD LINKS

NOTE : DEAD LINKS
We'd like to thank everyone for preventing us of dead links. For the moment, we are note able to re-up them.

Feel free to keep on preventing us of those dead links. We will update them when we (I and Jeb-E-Diah) have more time to (understand : from september). Some of them will be partially or completely repacked considering albums which would have been issued thereafter and surely with new and improved artworks.

Stay tuned !







Tuesday, March 23, 2010

[REPACKED] QUEENSRYCHE (ABO #009)

QUEENSRYCHE
WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD


Back when we started this little adventure called “Baistophe”, when we were eager and youthful but didn’t know too well our chops and tricks, I did a Queensrÿche compilation I called “Band in a Box”. This wasn’t a bad compilation as it displayed most of the Q’s own favorites, it had a decent artwork and all… Yet, something itched me since. Was it the chronological order I went with, the fact that Queensrÿche has since released another album (a good one that is), the simple revelation that some of my choices weren’t as essential as I thought they were? Well, I can’t tell but one thing was certain, someday I’d have to re-do the work and now that the links are dead is as good a time as any.
So, here it is, “Welcome to the Real World”, the revamped, repacked, rethought, resurrected double Cd compilation from one of the world’s finest, cleverest metal bands. A 158 minutes long feast for those who love their metal to be melodic, a little progressive, thoughtful and , well, touched by the grace of the metal gods. With songs from their entire studio catalog (from the 1983’s Ep “Queen of the Reich” to 2009’s “American Soldier”), it is, in my humble opinion a perfect introduction to this unique music group and/or, for those already familiar with Tate & Co, a set filled with what the band did best in its 27 (!) years in the business. I hope you’ll like it.







My QUEENSRYCHE Top Three
1 – Promised Land (1994)
2 – Rage for Order (1986)
3 – Empire (1990)

My QUEENSRYCHE Bottom Three
1 – Q2K (1999)
2 – Tribe (2003)
3 – Take Cover (2007)


RIYL:
Fates Warning, Pink Floyd, Rush, Savatage

Warning: track 7 on Cd two has not been tagged well, it is, in fact Scarborough Fair, not a second version of Sign of the Times. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No comments: