PASSWORD:
BAISTOPHE

DEAD LINKS

NOTE : DEAD LINKS
We'd like to thank everyone for preventing us of dead links. For the moment, we are note able to re-up them.

Feel free to keep on preventing us of those dead links. We will update them when we (I and Jeb-E-Diah) have more time to (understand : from september). Some of them will be partially or completely repacked considering albums which would have been issued thereafter and surely with new and improved artworks.

Stay tuned !







Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SUZANNE VEGA (ABO #314)


SUZANNE VEGA
LAUGHING TALES OF THE FOOL
(1985-2007)

From the start, I have decided this Suzanne Vega compilation should be single-disced. The overall quality of her brief discography, considering it's spread over 20 years, made that choice a difficult one but, ultimately, proved to be good as it allowed me to make a terrific and strong baistophe to honour Suzanne's skills perfectly. In my humble opinion, it displays the amazing variety of her work and shows how talented a songwriter she is. And, indeed, with a voice that has a limited range but is delightfully charming, the lady's managed to build a strong and interesting oeuvre and it's quite incredible how consistent she remained through the years while trying many different things with equal artistic success.
So here's "Laughing Tales of the Fool" which, with three non-album tracks thrown in for good measure, will make you want to try more of Suzanne's material, I'm certain of that. In the meantime, enjoy it for what it is, an introduction to a classy lady's repertoire.



My SUZANNE VEGA List
1 - 99.9 F° (1992)
2 - Beauty & Crime (2007)

3 - Nine Objects of Desire (1996)
4 - Solitude Standing (1987)
5 - Songs in Red and Gray (2001)
6 - Suzanne Vega (1985)
7 - Days of Open Hand (1990)

RIYL:
Michelle Shocked, Lisa Loeb, Edie Brickell, Aimee Mann

4 comments:

Raven176 said...

And I thought I was the only one who liked 99.9F the best.

Nice work.

geemarcus said...

No, you definitely aren't! It's my favorite also!

Trelk said...

Good job !

Just one remark : the original acapella version of Tom's Diner is way better than this awful DNA remix, in my opinion.

S.F.P. said...

I thought long and hard about which version I should include and, though I like the acapella version a little better, I decided to include this one which was a hit, remains a good song and is a lot of fun.