PASSWORD:
BAISTOPHE

DEAD LINKS

NOTE : DEAD LINKS
We'd like to thank everyone for preventing us of dead links. For the moment, we are note able to re-up them.

Feel free to keep on preventing us of those dead links. We will update them when we (I and Jeb-E-Diah) have more time to (understand : from september). Some of them will be partially or completely repacked considering albums which would have been issued thereafter and surely with new and improved artworks.

Stay tuned !







Saturday, September 20, 2008

THE PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN ... FROM ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW (VAC#013)

THE PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN ...
... FROM ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW

Here's another cover oriented project. This has always been mine but didn't really think that it could have been possible to assemble a whole Pink Floyd album only with cover versions. I begun with the very first album they recorded but, for sure, I won't stop there. I know many other will be easy to make but for others (More, Ummagumma, Obscured, The Wall, ...), I think I won't be able to find every track covered. So Two solutions may be possible : the first is not to treat them at all. The second is to gather some of those albums together as only one album... Except if someone can help me to complete my unfinished collection...
This first album has been much easier to complete because of Syd Barrett who was (and still is) an icone of rock'n'roll. However, some were very hard to find as "Pow R Toc H" or "Chapter 24". But I did it ! I just listened to it and realised it was really another album, so it wasn't a useless effort. Some bonus tracks are also included as at that time the Pink Floyd made some non album singles. Enjoy !

Extracts :
Niki Mono & Nikolaus Klau : Flaming

David Bowie : See Emily Play




We just changed the back cover. Indeed, one of the artists in the tracklist was wrong : Instead of David Lansing You had to understand Cult Of Apollo. Sorry for that mistake and sorry to Max Niketic to have mistaken his presence in that track.





R.I.P. Rick

8 comments:

kingpossum said...

Excellent post AG. A friend called Rick Wright an 'elegant' musician, and that seems appropriate. His presence in the world will be missed.

Anonymous said...

What an excellent post my friends i like the idea of doing more of these alternative versions of classic floyd albums.
Please Keep these brilliant samplers coming as they have certainly opened my ears to some superb bands cheers guys
regards The Old Fool

Anonymous said...

Thanks the Old Fool, the cover version of a Saucerful of Secrets is coming soon.

Keep blogging !

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is David Lansing, and that's a nice Pow R Toc H cover you got there. However, please credit it correctly, I did it with my friend: Max Niketic; our band is called "Cult of Apollo." Please ask or in some way show your interest before using our material, as what you've done is quite insulting. Combined with the incorrect credits, using our music without permission is actually really insulting. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is David Lansing, and that's a nice Pow R Toc H cover you got there. However, please credit it correctly, I did it with my friend: Max Niketic; our band is called "Cult of Apollo." Please ask or in some way show your interest before using our material, as what you've done is quite insulting. Combined with the incorrect credits, using our music without permission is actually really insulting. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

First of all I'd like to state that I am slightly outraged at the fact that you used our version of Pow R Toc H without consulting us (the band, Cult of Apollo) first. Furthermore, I am also angry at the fact you only credited one member of the band (David Lansing) while the other member (me, Max Niketic) also took a considerable roll in the performance of this cover. I suggest A. Talking to the band (David Lansing and I) first. B. Crediting me as well as David (or more appropriately the band) as the creator of the song. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Max and David. Let me tell you how we appreciate your work and how we have appreciated your cover version of Pink Floyd's Pow R Toc H. This bootleg recorded song was to us the best version we had listened to and we really wanted to feature it on our compilation.
You'll notice that we switched the name of David Lansing to Cult Of Apollo. Be sure we have not wanted to put Max apart from the appreciation we had to this song.
However, if you feel outraged, as you said, to see your song appear in such an honoring compilation, we'll be kind to replace it to another...

Anonymous said...

It is fine that you keep this song, I was simply slightly insulted that you did not contact us before including it in the compilation. And thank you for changing the credit to Cult of Apollo. Please excuse me if my previous comment sounded rude, I am actually glad that you chose this amongst other versions. Thanks.