PASSWORD:
BAISTOPHE

DEAD LINKS

NOTE : DEAD LINKS
We'd like to thank everyone for preventing us of dead links. For the moment, we are note able to re-up them.

Feel free to keep on preventing us of those dead links. We will update them when we (I and Jeb-E-Diah) have more time to (understand : from september). Some of them will be partially or completely repacked considering albums which would have been issued thereafter and surely with new and improved artworks.

Stay tuned !







Tuesday, September 15, 2009

21st CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN (VAC#029)

VARIOUS ARTISTS
21st CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN

Here's another collection of tracks based around a song. This one is 21st Century Schizoid Man, originally by King Crimson. One point that is interesting with that song is that, although its low age (40 years), it has been widely covered. Let's forget the easy ones (by ELP, Ozzy Osbourne, ...) and focus on much clever ones. Many of those covers are completely different from the original version, beginning with Johnny G's version (folk) or Disparition's (Morricone-like).
Another selection which was worth featuring our VAC serie !







7 comments:

Bile said...

Me again, and thanks as usual for your wonderful site. Just thought I'd let you know that track 7 (Forbidden) has some errant bits after the 7:15 mark. I think that it's another song that you didn't intend to include. Or perhaps it's part of the same track following a long silence, but I doubt it.

Again, easily fixed, but I thought you'd like to know.

-PJ

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll fix it as soon as I come back from my long week end ;-)

geemarcus said...

Very nice collection, some real treats here. Thanks!

I stumbled across this the other day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWS3ofzuiMU

Maybe you don't care but the tags were a bit of a mess (the Noir Désir track had its old album title for example). I learned a while back that some music library software doesn't actually sync the tags in the files (I'm looking at you, iTunes). When I swiched to Media Monkey I discovered what all my tags really looked like...

Anonymous said...

Yes I know, I have to do it once again.

I have seen your video but didn't really like it much even if it was a chance to make an incursion into the classical world. I would prefer another version of it by the French radio Radio France's orchestra. only 1'30 but much more enjoyable. I'll update it as soon as I've got time. ;-)

geemarcus said...

I can't say I loved the video either, but it's interesting. Looked over you blog a bit, and I'm really looking forward to checking some things out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

wise decision indeed ^^

KeeWee said...

Please re-up ... cheers mate