PASSWORD:
BAISTOPHE

DEAD LINKS

NOTE : DEAD LINKS
We'd like to thank everyone for preventing us of dead links. For the moment, we are note able to re-up them.

Feel free to keep on preventing us of those dead links. We will update them when we (I and Jeb-E-Diah) have more time to (understand : from september). Some of them will be partially or completely repacked considering albums which would have been issued thereafter and surely with new and improved artworks.

Stay tuned !







Saturday, May 23, 2009

EARTH WIND & FIRE (ABO#212)

EARTH WIND & FIRE
ELEMENTS

(1970-2005)

I know, we're a bit too shy on black music at "Baistophe" and, yet, we do love black music. I personally love funk music! It took me quite a long time to finally meet EW&F's music, I was too obsessed with their disco hits to like them. Their kitsch image made me compare them with minor acts like Imagination, I admit it now, the comparison wasn't fair at all.
First because Earth Wind & Fire have made very few disco songs and, second, because even the disco songs are great.
The majority of the band's catalog is funk oriented, something I really discovered when I bought their 1975 live album Gratitude which is a must-have.
From there, I started to learn more about them and was not disappointed up until their 1980 album Faces. After that, the band began vanishing with doubtful albums not including their last real effort, Let's Groove, which became a fair hit single.
The hiatus the band observed between 1983 and 1987 did not help them regain their old fame but, because they had stayed true to funk music, two good albums were made in the late 90s and early 00s accomplished that tour de force.
And now, as the song tells : LET'S GROOVE !





My EW&F TOP3 :
1. That's The Way Of The World (1975)
2. All'n'All (1977)
3. Last Days And Time (1972)

My EW&F BOTTOM3 :
1. Touch The World (1987)
2. Heritage (1990)
3. Electric Universe (1983)




1 comment:

pfelelep said...

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAH! Merci!